Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 

Forum

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Welcome
yyyjia Offline

12.05.2014 09:31
Premier League: Garth Crooks's Team of the Season Zitat · antworten

Commiserations to Liverpool and Chelsea, who played a massive part in making the title race so interesting for millions Kids Orlando Cepeda Jersey of fans across the country. Arsenal finish a worthy fourth having wrestled a Champions League spot from Everton, who played some blistering football this season, especially at Goodison Park.
The fight for survival at the bottom of the table was just as competitive. Sunderland retained their Premier League status in spectacular fashion, sending Norwich City back into the Championship.
Fulham also find themselves back in the second tier after a turbulent period which saw them employ three managers during a nine-month spell, while Cardiff City are also down after their early-season promise failed to last the distance.
Take a look and see who has made my team of the season.
There have been some notable performances from a number of goalkeepers this season. Julian Speroni's save from Eden Hazard against Chelsea was a turning point in Crystal Palace's season. And to think that, after all the heroic saves Cardiff's David Marshall pulled off, he still couldn't stop them going down.
However, in the final analysis it's Hart who wins my selection. After a poor start to the season and the witch-hunt that followed, he recovered magnificently and went on to produce some title-winning performances. It's not how you start that defines your season but how you finish.
Did you know? Of regular keepers, only Petr Dave Cash S Jersey Cech (127) and Artur Boruc (99) conceded a goal less frequently than Joe Hart (every 93 mins) in the Premier League this term.
Last season, it was Branislav Ivanovic who made my team, and once again he's had a strong season. Pablo Zabaleta has produced some fine performances and would have been an easy choice to make now Manchester City have won the title.
But no-one has impressed me more at right-back, or attacked with as much purpose, as Seamus Coleman. The full-back has had a superb season. I cannot mention Coleman without acknowledging the contribution made by Everton boss Roberto Martinez, whose style of play has had a significant effect on the defender's development.
Did you know? Scored six goals this season, the most of any full-back, as well as keeping 15 clean sheets
The player Arsenal fans affectionately refer to as the "big friendly giant" has had a wonderful season. The German has played a massive part in getting the Gunners into the Champions League and to an FA Cup final.
He has played more games than any other Arsenal player this season and, without his resilience and consistency at the back, they might have been in all kinds of trouble. If he performs anything like he has this season when Germany arrive at the World Cup in Brazil, they might be one of the European sides to pose a real threat to the South American teams.
Did you know? Mertesacker played more minutes of football than any other outfield player for a Premier League club this season (all competitions, 4,605).
This young man had a better season when Manchester City won the title in 2011-12. However, what the centre-back has demonstrated during another successful season is character.
We have seen frailties in his defending - notably the error against Liverpool, when many thought he had single-handedly thrown away the title. Regardless, Kompany never lost faith in his ability to lead his team to the title, and Pellegrini clearly never lost belief in his captain.
Did you know? Manchester City won 75% of their Premier League games with Kompany this term, but just 60% without him.
I think it is telling that both Everton's full-backs make my team, and a further endorsement of the way their manager approached the season. The left-back has not just made his normal contribution to the Toffees' goal tally, he has grown into a player worthy of the captain's armband.
He has also emerged from the shadow of http://www.officialsanfranciscogiants.com/WOMENS-MATT-CAIN-JERSEY.html Ashley Cole at international level. All he has to do now to emulate Peter Reid and Howard Kendall, two Everton greats with similar pedigree, is win the league title. No pressure then.
To think that a mere slip against Chelsea should rob Steven Gerrard - arguably the best player of his generation - of lifting the Premier League title seems outrageously unfair. He may not have enjoyed the dream finish to the season that Liverpool fans so desperately wanted, but he could not have given any more to the cause.
His sheer professionalism and dignified approach to the game makes him the perfect choice to lead England in the World Cup.
Did you know? Made more assists than any other player this season (13), as well as scoring 13 goals.

Sprung  

Awards:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen