Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 

Forum

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 14 mal aufgerufen
 Welcome
sifeng Offline

26.12.2014 02:01
You are not a vet, nor are Zitat · antworten

<p>You are not a vet, nor are you our vet. We got home from being away for 6 months (me) and 2 months (significant other) and our animals were watched by a housesitter. Upon our arriving back, our dog (10 year old yellow lab) had diarrhea for a week. We watched him for a few days, then switched him to a white rice diet for a week, took him to the vet. The vet prescribed antibiotics and said nothing was wrong based on a stool sample. The antibiotics didn't help much. The poo was still pretty wet after a week of antibiotics. We switched him back to normal Iams dog food for nearly a week and the poo was still wet. We then put him back on white rice for a few days and have tried to switch him to California Natural dog food for the past few days. Still wet poo. This is now been a month of wet poo. He poos 2X a day, but was pooing more often at the beginning of the month.</p><p>
Secondly, he needs to pee constantly. This is a dog that was 8am and 6pm consistently for years. Now he needs to go at 6am, 8am, 6pm, 9pm, 11pm, and 3am. He is also constantly panting, no matter how much water we give him. Richard Rodgers Youth Jersey </p><p>
Any ideas? I am going to call the vet again, but after being told that nothing was wrong with him last time, I want to go in armed with some other ideas.</p><p>
posted by k8t to pets animals (14 answers total)</p><p>
no really directly enlightening, but have you talked to your housesitter about whether and when s/he noticed your dog was pooping and peeing abnormally more than usual?</p><p>
posted by violetk at 2:14 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
10 years old for a lab? He may simply be getting old. That's what the peeing constantly says to me. Richard Rodgers Jersey </p><p>
posted by fiercecupcake at 2:16 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
canine diabetes? just a random guess based on the frequent urination. is he drinking extra, too?</p><p>
such a shift in behavior seems serious. if your vet isn't taking it seriously, maybe you should get a different vet to give a 2nd opinion.</p><p>
posted by gnutron at 2:21 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
The housesitter was not great at communicating, unfortunately. Once he emailed to tell us that the dog had diarrhea and had asked us how to clean up the floor. From that point, it could have happened again but he didn't mention it to us. We've tried to talk to him about a number of things, but he isn't getting back to us.</p><p>
posted by k8t at 2:23 PM on September 19, 2008 Davante Adams Womens Jersey </p><p>
And I should add the housesitter had a nearlyoneyearold puppy who was with him. We considered the possibility that he had to take the puppy out frequently and that our dog "learned" to go out frequently with them. But that still doesn't explain the wet poo. http://www.nflpackersofficial.com/Nike-Eddie-Lacy-Jersey.html </p><p>
posted by k8t at 2:32 PM on September 19, 2008 Davante Adams Jersey </p><p>
my dog had to pee a lot and eventually wouldn't eat after rejecting dog food for a while. It washis kidneys which were no longer functioning well. A blood test showed high levels of stuff, one of them vein creatinine (I think). Get a blood test asap</p><p>
posted by Large Marge at 2:48 PM on September 19, 2008posted by Hildegarde at 2:55 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
Seconding blood test, your vet took the lowcost seeifitclearupquicklyfirst approach, but a blood test will give them something more specific to look for, and since it didn't clear up quickly, it's absolutely justified.</p><p>
posted by davejay at 3:46 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
his is a dog that was 8am and 6pm consistently for years. Now he needs to go at 6am, 8am, 6pm, 9pm, 11pm, and 3am.</p><p>
Most dogs urinate more than twice a day. In fact once every hour or two is normal during the day. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.</p><p>
posted by nickerbocker at 3:55 PM on September 19, 2008</p><p>
A month of diarrhea is not normal. If your vet is uninterested in further tests to diagnose what is wrong (could be anything from Addison's disease to diabetes to a colon polyp to Lyme disease), then you need to 1) get a second opinion from another regular vet or 2) see an internal medicine vet. Do you know how to find one in your area? If not, look in your yellow pages under "emergency vet." Many times, vet emergency places are connected with/staffed by vets who have specialized in things like internal medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, etc. Internists can do colonoscopies and other imaging that most regular vets aren't either equipped or trained to do.</p><p>
My lab had a colon polyp at age 8. It's pretty common, just like it is in older humans. nflpackersofficial.com/Nike-Ha-Ha-Clintondix-Jersey.html </p><p>
Please take your dog to a vet who's interested in finding out what's wrong. You wouldn't like to have diarrhea for a month, would you?</p>

lawrencezz Offline

26.12.2014 04:34
#2 RE: You are not a vet, nor are Zitat · antworten

The soul searching and hand wringing http://xiurous.blogger.ba/ that july day at the fashion institute of technology were both urgent and prolonged because the current challenges facing the industry are so overwhelming and the stakes couldn't be higher.In new york(And then in london, milan and paris)Designers and retailers will place bets on what http://xiurous.wap.sh/__xt_blog/ consumers will want http://xiurous.wapdale.com/__xt_blog/ to buy six months from http://xiurous.blog.shinobi.jp/ now michelle obama sheaths?1980s harem pants?Something else entirely?To improve their chances in the spring of selling the next new thing, the industry is doing everything it can right now to prep and thrill consumers, drive them into stores and persuade them to pry open their wallets and buy fall merchandise at full price.To that end, new york's week of large scale runway shows and modest presentations begins thursday with fashion's night out, an extravaganza of consumerism, philanthropy and showmanship that reaches into all five boroughs http://xiurous.wap.sh/__xt_blog/ and beyond.It was the brainchild of vogue editor anna wintour.To get the shopping started, she and designer michael kors will travel to macy's in queens thus appealing to everyone from bergdorf blondes to outer borough value hunters to greet customers and autograph t shirts created for the event.And, seventh avenue hopes, shopping will ensue.

Sprung  

Awards:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen